Ajax loader
Campaign
Region
COUNTRY
Ranking
Creator
Monochrome / colour
Orientation

Shoot: Action against illegal Timber of Lapeyre in Switzerland

GP04ZI
Greenpeace protests in Lyssach against the policy of timber giant Lapeyre. Just outside the Lapeyre building, an activist is sawing a wooden globe in pieces; a symbol of the impending destruction of the rainforest by large timber companies.
Activists also placed stickers on products from the endangered Amazons so they can be recognized as such.
A large part of the wood used by the Lapeyre for doors, stairs, window frames or floors, comes from illegal logging or endangered ancient forests. Greenpeace activists inform the Swiss consumers about the participation of Lapeyre in the destruction of the rainforest. Yesterday Greenpeace held another protest against Lapeyre in Vevey. Greenpeace calls on the company to stop the import of timber from ancient forests and to use only environmentally sustainable, FSC-certified wood in the future. Already 80 percent of the forests are destroyed; now it is time to save the remaining 20 percent.
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
29 Apr, 2000
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
Restrictions apply
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
29 Apr, 2000
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
Restrictions apply
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
29 Apr, 2000
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
Restrictions apply
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
29 Apr, 2000
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
Restrictions apply
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
29 Apr, 2000
Forests Action against Lapeyre in Lyssach
Restrictions apply
Display
Items per page
Results
Page
of 1